We will need to collect certain personal data from you in order to maintain our internal records. Every care has been taken to protect your privacy during this process in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Horsley Hub may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/2018.
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data, directly from you, in a few limited ways, namely:
- When you sign up to our newsletter,
- When you make enquiries on our website, or when you provide information on the website,
- When you sign up to our business directory
- When you add an event to our event listings
What we collect:
We may collect the following information about you:
- Full name
- E-mail address, telephone number, website
- Demographic information such as business address, postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/ or offers
- What products and services you bought/ used
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We will only contact you for our newsletter, marketing purposes, promotions, offers and other information we feel relevant to you if you have opted in to be on our mailing list and you can choose to unsubscribe at any time.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Send you emails that relate to your enquiries.
- Any information included in comments or other content that you have posted on the website or included on a personal portfolio which you have designated to be “public” may be viewed by anyone who accesses the website and cannot be subject to any expectations of privacy.
- You do not have to provide us with any personal data to visit the website. However, users who have not registered on the website may not be able to visit all sections of or use all services offered on the website.
What we won’t do with your personal data
- Horsley Hub will never sell, rent, loan or share your personal data with a third party for the purpose of marketing activity of any nature, unless you have provided us with explicit permission to do so.
- We will not continue to send you marketing communications if you have asked us not to.
- To unsubscribe, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you. Your personal data is safe with us.
- We ensure that your data is processed and stored securely.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Cookies are also used to enable and measure marketing activity such as email marketing and online advertising. In the case of email marketing we may use information stored about the web pages you visit to provide you in turn with more relevant offers in the future. Cookies will also be used to target you with promotional advertising on other websites after leaving our website. To prevent this from happening we advise customers to clear their cookies following a visit to our website.
Measuring the performance of our website
Whilst using our website we may collect from you, store and use the following types of data: Information about your website session including your IP address, browser type, geographical location, referring website or source, the duration of your visit, pages viewed and files downloaded. When making a transaction we will require you to provide your full name and email address.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We will always send you an email for you to confirm that you wish to join our mailing list.
- Please note that when on our mailing list you will receive information via e-mail.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write “For the attention of The DATA PROTECTION OFFICER” here.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect or if you so desire remove it as per the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 requirements. Any requests received will be dealt with as required by General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
For Further Information please contact us here writing “For the attention of The DATA PROTECTION OFFICER.”