We will be adding to this over time. If you know of any clubs or activities that you would recommend please contact us here. If you run a club or activity and would like to advertise in our business directory so that you are listed in this section, please add your listing here.
Arts & Drama
The Nomad theatre. Located behind the shops in Bishopsmead Parade, East Horsley, the theatre can be found under the archway between the Goose and the Post Office. The theatre puts on “a wide range of shows from Shakespeare, drama, comedy, musicals to panto. There is a thriving Youth Theatre with classes on Saturdays and Thursdays and their own summer show and studio plays. In addition, Prompt Corner lunches are held every third Wednesday, where you can enjoy a two course meal and listen to local speakers talk on an endless range of subjects.” You can get involved to perform, volunteer for set building, costume & make-up, front-of-house and the bar – or just come along to meet new people!
Horsley Choral Society is a “friendly mixed choir welcoming all voice parts and abilities. The choir has been in existence since the 1920’s, although then it was known as ‘Horsley Glee Club”! The choir have toured in Europe, regularly sing at local events and enjoy joining with other choirs to perform.Rehearsals run from 8 – 10pm every Monday during term time at East Horsley Village Hall.” If you are interested in getting involved please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or for general enquiries, phone 01372 457987
The Whips. “The West Horsley Independent Players (The Whips) were formed back in 1948, originally as the Drama section of the local W.I. The Whips stage two shows per year and every two years, the hugely popular pantomime. There are also two separate groups, The Young Whips and Whippets, for teenagers (13-17 years) and younger children (7-12 years). Rehearsals are held within Horsley and performances are held in the West Horsley Village Hall. ”
The Arts Society was founded in 1968 to “foster knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the arts.” There are two local groups, both of which meet at East Horsley village hall.
- The Arts Society Horsley meet the morning of the second Wednesday of each month. Contact the Membership Secretary on 01483 285770.
- The Arts Society Lovelace meet the morning of the third Wednesday of each month. Contact Liz Onslow on 01483 280021
Horsley & Clandon Society of Arts. Contact Robyn Cormack on 01483 224063
Horsley Craft Group. Contact Tel: 01483 284437
Local sports clubs
For private activities such as martial arts, yoga, fitness & riding please see our business directory.
- Horsley Badminton Club held Tuesday evenings between 7:30pm and 9:00pm, at Cranmore school. Contact David Sethi: 01483 282468 or Sue Hook 01483 28243 or email: email@example.com
- East Horsley Bowling Club at St Martin’s Close, Ockham Road South, East Horsley KT24 6SU. Contact John Carr, Tel: 01483 283693 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Effingham Cricket Club at Effingham KT24 5JE. Contact via e-mail: email@example.com
- Horsley and Send Cricket Club off Ripley Lane, West Horsley KT24 6JS. Contact Mike Micklewright, Club Secretary Tel: 07500 877399 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Horsley Cricket Club at Horsley Sports Club, Pennymead, East Horsley KT24 5AH. Contact Nick Elliott, Tel: 07775 723832 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Horsley Football Club at Tom’s Field, Long Reach, West Horsley KT24 6NE. Email: via website
- The Drift Golf Club at The Drift, East Horsley KT24 5HD. Tel: 01483 284641 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Horsley Shufflers Meet at Quaich, East Horsley, Saturday 8am and at The Barley Mow, West Horsley, Tuesday 8pm. “An informal group for a range of abilities and is equal male and female. Saturday runs are approx 10k followed by a drink and socialising.” Email: email@example.com
- Wayfarers – in Weybridge – normally about 20 minutes’ ride away. Apart from cycling (dangerous) and swimming (wet!), rowing is the only all-body, low-impact sport available for adults, and a fast track to fitness. New members are always welcome. Weyfarers are a non-competitive, recreational club who will teach you how to row. After that, the annual subscription is only £205, for which you can go out on the River Thames every day if you wish! Members range in age from 18 to 83. On weekdays, most participants are in their 50s and 60s; at weekends, somewhat younger.
- Effingham and Leatherhead RFC at King George Playing Fields, Effingham KT24 5ND. Tel: 01372 458887 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Papercourt Sailing Club at Polesden Lane, Ripley GU23 6JX. Tel: 01483 223904 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Bookham Rifle Club at Thorncroft Drive, Leatherhead KT22 8JB. Contact Tim Hammond, Tel: 0208 660 6843 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Effingham Table Tennis Club. Contact Tim Hobbs, Tel: 01372 452197
- Horsley Tennis Club, Pennymead Drive, East Horsley KT24 5AH
- Tennis Courts and MUGA at Kingston Meadows, Kingston Avenue, East Horsley KT24 6QT
- Tennis Courts for booking at Long Reach, West Horsley. Booking through the West Horsley Parish Council, Tel: 01483 283106
Other clubs & activities
- East Horsley Bridge Club. Held at East Horsley Village Hall. Contact Mike Dickens on 01483 283471.
- West Horsley Flower Club. Held at East Horsley Village Hall. Contact Tracy Forster on 01483 280273
- Horsley Floral Decoration Group. Also held at East Horsley Village Hall. Contact Ruth Farmer on 01483 202440
- Horsley Garden Society. Tel: 01483 282408
- Probus. Contact David Lush on 01483 280267
- West Surrey Natural History Society. Tel: 01372 457623
Preservation of Rural Amenities
- Horsley Countryside Preservation Society. Contact Roy Proctor on 01483 282410 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Rotary Club of Bookham & Horsley. Held at Thatchers Hotel, Guildford Road, East Horsley KT24 6TB. Contact Paul Simon on 01483 284193
University of the Third Age (U3A)
- Horlsey U3A. Held at East Horsley Village Hall. Contact Fred Onslow on 01483 282180 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Horsley Women’s Institute held at East Horsley Village Hall. Contact Sue Burge on 01483 283803 or email@example.com
- West Horsley Evening Women’s Institute held at West Horsley Village Hall. Contact Gillian Cutayar on 01372 878534
- East Horsley and Cobham Whist Clubs. Held at East Horsley Village Hall. Contact Noreen Palmer on 01483 284127