We will be adding to this over time. If you know of any clubs or activities that you would recommend please contact us here. If you run a club or activity and would like to advertise in our business directory so that you are listed in this section, please add your listing here.
Den building & outdoor fun
- Windy Willows, Ockham, run Wild Tot sessions which are 1.5 hour sessions for parents/carers and their children ages 2-5 years. These offer various woodland crafts, bug hunts, den building, stories, cooking on camp fires and more.
- Wild Tots run by Surrey Wildlife Trust. Sessions for toddlers that are pay-as-you-go. Currently 10-12noon on Friday mornings.
- Shetland Pony Club, Stoke d’Abernon, near Cobham, offer pony riding to kids from 2.5 years age.
- The Medicine Garden, near Cobham, KT11 3LU. A beautiful walled garden with a cafe, farm shop and various craft shops. They have an outdoor play area for children with a sand pit. They hold various classes related to health & wellbeing, fitness and parenting running throughout the day and at weekends.
- East Horsley village hall – tennis court, multi-use court, BMX track, fitness area, climbing and general playground
- West Horsley village hall – general playground
- Woking play park with jungle theme playground
Downside Play area, KT11 3NA. Right by the Cricketers pub which has recently been refurbished so a good place to go for a drink too!
- Cobham Recreation Ground, KT11 2AY. Has a play area, outside fitness area, 2 football pitches, tennis courts, 2 table tennis tables & a basketball pitch.
Ripley Green play area. The green is located behind the High Street. It has a playground with some swings and is a lovely easy and flat walking area. If you continue through the wooded area you come to Ockham Mill which dates back to 1862. Various events are held on the green throughout the year, including a monthly farmers’ market and cricket in the summer.
Send Recreation Ground, GU23, has a fantastic playground. There are also exercises for adults as well as kids, a tennis court, basketball, 5 a side and a table tennis table.
Stoke Park has a playground for children aged 4-8 years, a skate park, a fitness trail
a model boating pond, paddling pool and mini-golf.
Dorking Recreation Ground, RH4 1JJ, has an amazing new playground with a skate/BMX park, a multi-use games area and aerial swing, which comes thoroughly recommended.
Outdoor Water Play
Guildford Lido. “Set in beautifully landscaped gardens and heated to 24 degrees centigrade (weather dependant), the Olympic sized pool is a great place to chill out, meet friends, picnic and of course, do some serious swimming! The Lido is located next to Guildford College and now boasts three new and exciting slides as well as the newly refurbished paddling pool with interactive toys and a mini-slide for younger swimmers.”
Stoke Park paddling pool. Near Guildford lido, this is a great free fun day for kids of all ages. A giant paddling pool with intermittent water jets and space to picnic, it is usuall open between mid-May to the end of September.
- Bocketts farm, Fetcham KT22 9BS, have a small petting farm, an amazing indoor and outdoor play area. They run pig races with pigs with fun names such as Will-I-Ham.
- Hobbledown, Epsom KT19 8PT, has a few animals both indoors and outdoors. It boasts a fantastic outdoor play area with tunnels and tubes to climb, a zip-wire and sand & water play & an amazing indoor soft play area.
- Piglets cafe / indoor soft play, Hersham KT12 4BJ, has a few farm animals outdoors.
- Tilgate Park near Crawley,RH10 5PQ, has a lovely nature centre with a petting zoo section. There are a variety of animals from otters to owls, mongoose to mice and parrots to pigs. There is also great cycling for families and a playground for kids.
Educational centres and activities
Bracknell Look-out discovery centre, RG12 7QW – a hands-on science centre and soft play for pre-schoolers and primary school children. Hosts educational workshops and has a large outdoor play area, cafe, den building and off-road cycle tracks.
Winchester science museum & planetarium, SO21 1HZ. A fantastic educational resource for adults and kids alike.
Brooklands Museum, Weybridge, KT13 0QN. This museum has a large collection of aircraft, motorcycles, and cars and they hold fun activities for kids. During school holidays they hold Kids Tours on Concorde, London Bus Museum bus trips, Bertie Bear, Summer Science Clubs and Pedal Planes.