By Isabel Hollick
Isabel is a local mum, reflexologist and accountant. Isabel sells cards locally for Flamingo and can be contacted here..
I love this healthy mix of ingredients and it is so easy to prepare and looks fresh and tasty. The salad can be made in advance. It is great to serve when having guests.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 450g salmon fillet
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
For the salad
- 200g quinoa (or wholegrain rice)
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100g mange tout, halved at an angle
- 100g sugarsnap peas, halved at an angle
- 1 x 110g pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 20g mint
- 20g coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 ‘C /180 ‘C fan
- Cook quinoa/rice as per packet instructions, drain and refresh
- Meanwhile prepare and combine the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl, adding the quinoa/rice once cooked, drained and refreshed. Put to one side.
- Brush the roasting pan with a little oil. Place fish on the roasting pan. Mix the remaining oil with the Cajun spices and brush over the fish. Bake uncovered for 15 mins or until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Slice the salmon into 4 pieces and serve with spoonfuls of the salad.