BY SOL GONZALEZ CLEMENT of Studio Hummingbird
This recipe was given to me by my friend Emilie Laura on Instagram as @cookinglondon.
It is super easy and delicious – ideal for when hosting a dinner party!
- 500g best quality ricotta
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- fine semolina for dusting
- unsalted butter
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- Pine nuts and rocket to serve (optional).
1. Mix ricotta with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Then finely grate the parmesan cheese and a pinch of nutmeg. Beat together and have a taste.
2. Cover a large tray with semolina and roll ricotta mixture into balls rolling them in the tray of semolina until well coated. Shake and cover well with semolina and leave overnight in the fridge (do not cover).
3. Cook truffles in boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
4. Melt butter in frying pan on a medium heat and pick in some sage leaves (around 10) to crisp up.
5. Remove the leaves and scoop the truffles directly from water into frying pan adding a spoonful of the cooking water. When the butter and water have emulsified, take off the heat and grate over a layer of Parmesan, add just a few drops of lemon juice, then toss together.
Serve in warm bowls straight away with an extra grating of nutmeg and parmesan and the crispy sage leaves.