By JUDY WONG
Serve : 24 toasts
- 500g uncooked prawns, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 slices of bread (preferably not fresh)
- 1 egg white
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- White pepper
- Oil for deep frying
- Blend the prawns, egg white, spring onions, coriander, sesame oil, salt and white pepper in a food processor.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Cut off the crust of the bread. Cut each slice into 4 triangles. If using fresh bread, put in the oven in low temperature to dry out the moisture. The bread will absorb less oil when deep fried.
- Spread the prawn paste on the triangles.
- Put the sesame seeds in a small dish and press the paste side into the seeds
- Heat oil to medium heat and deep-fry the toasts for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Turn them from side to side.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.