misty glass

Need help & support?

Most people feel in emotional crisis at some time in their lives. For some this passes quite quickly but for others the feeling lasts for a while. If the feeling is overwhelming or you feel so distressed that you have thoughts of harming yourself or you feel you are at risk of harming others then you need to seek help urgently.

If you are not at crisis point, but are suffering escalating or unmanageable stress, burnout, anxiety or depression then seek professional help. This can be through your GP, a therapist or a psychiatrist.

They might suggest talking therapies and / or medication.

I have listed organisations and resources that can help here.

There are lots of free CBT resources on-line or in books.

Alternatively, call one of the helplines or attend a local Safe Haven to talk to someone face-to-face.

Safe havens are safe and friendly places to talk to someone for emotional and mental health support if you (or the person that you are caring for) are experiencing a crisis. They also give you an opportunity to meet others that might be in a similar situation.

Local safe havens are:

  • Guildford Safe Haven at Oakleaf Enterprise, 101 Walnut Tree Close, Guildford GU1 4UQ. Open daily 6pm-11pm including bank holidays
  • Woking Safe Haven, The Prop, 30 Goldsworth Road, Woking Gu21 6JT. Open 6pm-11pm Monday to Friday and 12.30pm -11pm weekends and bank holidays.


If you know of any useful resources on this topic, please do comment below or contact us here.

Copyright © Horsley Hub 2019

One thought on “Need help & support?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *